Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Popiah Goreng

My first experience in making this popiah goreng was really encouraging, for it turned out to be really well! So last Sunday, I took them over to Hasif's birthday party. They were gone really fast! I had this idea from my niece, Kak Lin in Sabah...she had been making this for buka puasa and has been selling them too that I thought that I might try it out myself here in Toyota Shi! Though I slightly modified her recipe (she uses frozen mix vegetable, while I prefer to use the fresh one), Nizam was asking for more!


Ingredients:-
  1. Ready made popiah skin
  2. Fresh prawn (cut into tiny pieces)
  3. 3 cloves garlic
  4. a little green onion (cut into small cubes)
  5. cucumber (shredded)
  6. carrot (shredded)
  7. radish (shredded)
  8. beansprout
  9. 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  10. salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Sautee garlic and green onion together till fragrant, add in prawn and stir fry until the prawn is a bit cooked.
  2. Add in oyster sauce and the shredded vegetable together. Toss in beansprout. Finally put a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Take a scoop of the fried veg and roll them in the ready made popiah skin.
  4. For the popiah skin glue, I used 2 tbsp of flour and 3 tbsp of water.
  5. Deep fry in medium hot oil.
  6. Ready to be served!

No comments: