Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On Raya Eve...

Raya Eve today. The time that I like best! It feels really exciting but at the same time melancholy like, and sad too, all in one! Sad, because Ramadhan is already passing by and also because thinking of RPK spending time in solitary confinement in Kamunting. For a person who fights for justice and upholding the real values of Islam...,that's the price that one has got to pay I guess...,that you'd get to be pushed right to the wall. Especially now when we are living in Akhir Zaman...What is 'right' to the eye is actually wrong and vice versa! We need to see things with 'mata hati' and think a little bit more deeper, or maybe not, as it is just common sense and also to just go back to the Quran. So, when we are here celebrating Eid surrounded with our beloved family, I wonder how he is coping there. Isn't it so cruel that in Ramadhan when you should be most forgiving, but instead you lock someone up without having any single chance of defending himself just for speaking his mind and speaking on what is absolutely right?!!!Some people are so afraid of their own shadow and evil deeds, and by putting away RPK, they think that they'll be at peace! Well, they are wrong! In doing that, I honestly wonder how they could confess themselves to be Muslims and how could they even do takbir tomorrow and praise Allah's name-when it is just so obvious that they are not even scared of HIM??? And if you are not even scared of God and His wrath, are you not a believer??? It feels like they such a hypocrite!!!

Just finished cooking assam pedas for dinner, and marinated satay for tomorrow. Nizam wanted to break fast with satay, so later I'd have to grill some for him. Anyway, I still had to try how it tasted like, first time marinating my own satay, I don't know how it would turn out to be! This is Nizam after breaking fast, helping me out with the rest of the satay to be brought over to the Raya gathering tomorrow at Seiful's place. My own home made satay turned out to be really good actually though we were panicking initially as we didn't have a proper grill to grill the satay. (With 4kgs of chicken, we managed to make 150 satay sticks). Mus's bbq plate came to the rescue and so we put that on the stove instead. At first we were planning to grill them at Seifhul's place but were told at the last minute that it was not possible. (The apartment society people didn't let us-there are rules and regulations to abide to living here you know!). The satay tasted really good anyhow. Definitely proud of myself!!!hihi..
As it is Raya tomorrow, he came back early today from work...been playing Raya music for the past few days, so Raya mood is definitely in the air though we are far away from home in Malaysia...
Autumn is here, and the weather has been gloomy lately, a drizzle here and there sometimes, and it feels cooler too. I have been down with a flu, a temperature and a sore throat for the past 3 days...so much for looking forward to Raya! I noticed that I would actually get them every Ramadhan! I didn't realised this before but Dr. Siva, my ex-boss pointed it out to me, and until now, I would still get them at this time! Strange!..,but maybe this is God's way of cleansing my sins...you know what they say about if you get a fever, you are actually in hell by yourself! Anyway, I do hope to be better by tomorrow. I would certainly want to celebrate Raya and enjoy the food!!! So dear friends, here's wishing you a very Selamat Hari Raya, and Maaf Zahir & Batin.

No comments: