Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In Retrospect..


I don't know how to start this..,it has been a while since i keep a journal of my life..., not that i don't have anything to tell, i do, over and again,i've been compelled to write, i got words stuck in my brain, it's just that i've never got around to writing it down...Well anyway, here i am..!

Strange how life changes and goes..,now that am living in Japan, sometimes i can't help but reminiscing on how it used to be back then...,back to my old rotten life in USJ...living with my brother,a little vet working just to exist, lovelife...empty...I used to go out with a couple of friends, Dotty and her then boyfriend, Augy...the three of us..,and we would always joke about how nice isn't it..,that Augy has got two girlfriends without having to fight! Like almost everynight, we would hang out and have dinner together, or movies...,or maybe for a ride..,depending on Augy's mood of course!..,but that's about it. Inside me, life was still empty, like, a part of me, there was a huge part of me missing... Having being through an abused relationship before, I wasn't really looking forward for another serious relationship..., the emptiness remains...

Until one day, when i got really saturated and tired with work, i decided to let go...,without having any other place to go to, i just decided to take the plunge! Whether that would end up strangling my own neck or not, i didn't care! Work was no fun anymore and that I started to feel like vomitting just being there! I wrote my resignation letter, two months noticed as required. Dr. Siva couldn't make me stay anymore... , and I was counting days to get out of the clinic! Not that i didn't enjoy the work, but the working hours was too long, and the pay was too little, prices of things kept going up, and I lost interest! I thought, nevermind, we'll see how things go, and I'll go with the flow!That particular weekend..,the phone rang..,from someone that I had least expected to call me..., it was one of my Vet clients finding out how i was getting on...and I just said that I was jobless-and that was how I ended up being in the financial line selling trust funds!!!At least, i had something to do. A job. Rather than just sitting at home doing nothing...Maybe it was something that I was looking for, a job that doesn't really require me to punch card, a 9 to 5 kind of thing...I could work on my own time and on my own pace...That got me hooked. Being something new, and totally different from what I used to, it was kind of scarry as well...that i had to see people, instead of them coming to see me...I had to make phone calls, get appointments secured, if i was lucky enough, close a case. Or maybe just for a refferal...and that was when I 'bumped' into Mohd. Nizam Abd. Rahman. "My sister is coming down to my place. The children wants to swim, and I'm ordering pizza, can I call you back later?". Fine.

It was later in the evening when the phone goes off and it was him on the line...and we were hanging on for hours catching up with the news! As though that was not enough, we decided to meet..., and the rest is history!Looking back, i still remember, that, during one of those lazy weekends in my living room when he said that he has a chance to come over to Japan to work..,-based on seniority and luck!- and i immediately screamed "nak pergiiiiiiiiiii"...eventhough then i didn't know whether i was his girlfriend or not! Anyway, that got him into a serious thinking! Hahaha...!...and the beginning of serious discussions. Well, that was three years ago, in early 2005, when we decided to go serious and tie the knot. I didn't know that it was going to be so soon!!! I didn't know whether I was ready to give up my independence again or not! when he popped me the question, I was hesitant at first.., but then, when I looked into him, I realized that he's a rare gem, and i don't want to miss that! Through tears I said "Yes" off course! We were safely married in November'05, and went on a beautiful honeymoon in Bali immediately after...

In April'06, we decided to buy a place of our own. It was love at first sight...that little apartment that we got, and as though it was meant to be, things were happening really fast, that we decided to move in straight away! I was definitely excited off-course! A place of our own. How wonderfull!!! And i get to decorate the house just as I like it to be...Our own Heaven here on Earth!It was then, five months later, one day in September'06 when we got the news. Nizam came back from work, we were going out to Orkid Thai for dinner then when he asked me, "I've got good news and bad news, which one would you like to hear first?" "The bad one" I replied. Smiling, then he said, "The bad news is, we have to vacate our house in June next year and find a tenant, and the good news is that we are going to Japan!" I was screaming with joy and i couldn't help grinning from ear to ear upon hearing the news!!! That was really great!!! I knew how hard he had worked to deserve this and I couldn't help but felt very proud of him!!! After all the hardwork, competitions and nasty office politics, this is really GREAT, and our prayers had been answered!!! Alhamdulillah!!!And now, here I am pounding on this keyboard in our living room in Japan, with Umair, our beautiful 8 month old son sleeping peacefully next to me with his bottle in the mouth...and the sun is shining in through the window...