Friday, January 28, 2011

Sofa, Quit Work, Umair turns Four & Thailand, In That Order!

God! I am sooo excited! Last Monday Nizam came home and asked me if I want to go and live in Bangkok, Thailand. For a minute I thought I had misheard him. Then it sank. Off course I said YES!!! Then I was smiling from ear to ear ever since!!!
Though it is still a long time a way, I can't help to have this silly grin stuck on my face! His boss offered him another ICT programme to Thailand, just like how we went to Japan, but this time, the package is a lot more interesting!!! I was bursting in my heart to share the excitement with someone, but at the same I just don't know who to share it with. I told my Mum, but she thought I was joking! I told her that we are moving again. Though it won't be until January next year! Hahaha!
Now I'm counting the months...February is coming...
The Chinese New Year weekend, I'm getting a "New" sofa!~Well, not really new, it was our old sofa that we brought back from Japan only that we went to re-upholster it! So, that's like a new one too, right? Since they still have to rip off everything and re-do the structure and stuffing in the cushions all over again!
End of February, I have to go to this Induction Course for a week, of which I'm dreading it, but I want it to be gone quickly! Then it would be March, then April, of which we are going out to Kuching for a few days holiday, then May, then Umair is turning Four in June, then the time will just fly away till December when we get to go to Thailand to choose for our new home! Yayyy!!!
By September we'll be busy again selling our car, renewing passports and preparing for the visas...and off course! When that is done, I won't be a able to get to work, would I? How do I get to work without a car??! So I have to quit, right??? Nice excuse, huh? Hihihihi!!! And I just can't wait to do that!!!!!

By the way, the lab that I'm working at, well, we are closing down in June. You see, the town planner thinks that we are not too pretty to look at...'old goverment building, what do you expect huh???'. So, they are going to demolish this place and turn this whole area as a new up and coming PJ town...with new condominiums, shopping malls and hotels. The last time that we are recieving samples would be in March. And we'll be closed by June. So I was thinking, that maybe I could just quit In June after all, when we say goodbye to Regional Veterinary Lab, PJ. That would be it. I would just tender my resignation in May and bid my farewell! Since I'm not confirmed yet in the civil service, I don't know if I'm qualified for the long holiday to follow spouse abroad. And anyway, even if I do continue working, they are just going to chuck me in some district, some state that i don't know and I still have to move! They are actually transferring this lab to Bukit Tengah, Penang. And they wanted us all to move there! Penang??? When my family is here??? What were they thinking???!!! Either that or we get to be district veterinarian in some other states! Since those are not really options, so i might as well just quit, right, and count my days to Thailand! Hihihi!!!

Generally, work is fine. Quite relaxed. When we have sampels, we have sampels and when we don't, it's pretty quiet. So the only thing is, when we work with the government, there are so many courses to go to that I don't like. The introvert in me doesn't enjoy meeting people and going to courses like that. I hate meetings too. I'm deaf. I can hardly follow what they talk about. In the end I just rely on the minute that they distribute after the meeting to keep up with the news! Pathetic huh!

Umair has started schooling. He goes to Little Caliph and tremendously enjoying it. Alhamdullilah! Waking up in the morning is not a problem and by bathing time, he knows that he needed to get ready for school. He cried on the first two days when I went to send him, but after that, no more tears already. And actually enjoying every bit of it! Now he comes home singing songs that he learnt from school! How time flies isn't it?! Dah besar dah anak Mummy!

3 comments:

Janna Wan Muhammad said...

OMg Asilah..lama ai tak bukak blog since u pon lama tak update..hihihih...so many things happened huh?

tak sangka u sanggup quit your job sbb nak bersama2 ur family. sbb some people mereka lebih sayangkan kerja dari kuarga so they chose to stay instead of ikut suami, sanggup berPJJ,but ramai juga yg TERPAKSA kerja..apa boleh buat....asal kan kita bahagia sudah.

update lagi kay !

DinaAbuSamah said...

Asilah,
Apa khabar & Buat apa sekarang?
Sorry tak dpt dtg majlis Aidan hari tu. Ada kelas dan balik lambat... Bila kita nak jumpa2 ni ek?

Asilah said...

OMG!!! Girls! Sorry xperasan ada comment you all kat sini...truth is, i keep forgetting my password, so i hardly come in here...skrng dah buat baru, but in future xtau laa boleh ingat ker tak... Age is catching up nih!!