Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Goodnight, Beautiful'


Umair is sleeping upstairs, and I just finished reading "Goodnight, Beautiful" a novel by Dorothy Koomson. A book I started reading about three days ago. A book that I couldn't put it down. It took me three days to finish it, absorbing every single line that has been written. I think, hers is much better than any Danielle Steel or Jude Devaraux's books that I have ever read. The story line was very engaging, no nonsense, very moving and emotional. It was about how Nova and Mal, who were actually childhood friends, had been deeply in love with each other ever since, ended up marrying other people because of their own dishonesty to their own feelings...,and because of a slight misunderstanding. Mal married Stephanie. They were childless...,but they still wanted to have a child. After going through different options, they decided to ask Nova to be the surrogate mother. Midway through pregnancy, they decided to walk out of the plan and left Nova pregnant all alone. Due to jealousy, Stephanie made Mal severed all ties with Nova and the child. Keith had left Nova then because he can't stand looking at her growing someone else's baby inside her. Instead of going for an abortion, Nova decided to keep the baby...Seven and a half years later, Leo was in a deep coma. He suffered from a brain hemorrhage, a genetically linked disease...and somehow, that brought Mal back into their 'life'...for just a few days before Leo finally died...

Reading that, it was especially sad to know that how two people who were very much in love with each other -when they finally realized that they do-cannot be together in the end because of 'other' commitments that they have..?
I feel like going to MpH again tonight, and get another book of her's. I can't wait for Nizam to come back, maybe we could go to Subang Parade for dinner tonight, and I could have a quick visit to the book shop.
Tomorrow he's off work, and we are planning to take Umair to the Zoo.

Umair is exactly 2years and a half now, and is so crazy about elephants and trains and books and yesterday, jigsaw puzzles. He could do a 12 pieces puzzles on his own now. I was-and still am- very impressed and so proud of him that I only had to show it to him only once and he could do it all on his own! Just last week, Nizam was asking me, since when did Umair grow up~that he knows which Astro channels he wanted to watch, and refuse to let anyone else change it. At times like this, I know that I don't regret 'sitting at home' and be a housewife. Atleast, I get to see my baby grow up before my very eyes. I know what he likes, when his firts to so many things were and I could see the joy that sparkled out from his eyes when he could do something new like perfecting the puzzles! No amount of money could ever pay for that! He could talk in small sentences now too. "Mummy, what's that?", "Mummy, there's elephant train!", "Mummy, look!!!"..,and sometimes, when I accidently knocked his toys down while walking past his playing area, he would look at me and squint his eyes and say "Mummyyy..!!!".. I just love looking at those squinting eyes as though he was really cross with me!
Umair is a very sweet boy, really. Every morning, I'd wake up to him kissing me on my cheek and my mouth...Sometimes, when it feels sooo warm and snug to be under the blanket and I didn't feel like getting up, he'd pull the blanket out and jump on me so i'd wake up!
When we go out driving, he wants me to hold his hands, and that's what he does sometimes at home too when he wants to have a nap..,he wants to hug my hand and kiss them..., and then only he can sleep. Those sweet butterfly kisses! How I love them! So much!

It has been raining a lot lately. I love rain. I love the smell of rain falling on the grass. And how it makes the world becomes so much a life after that. It feels cold, sweet and cozy all in one.
two days ago, when there was a break in the rain, I started a bit of gardening in the backyard. I pulled out the tapioca plant that was growing a little too big that it was leaning out to the neighbour's garden. I pulled out some weeds and planted two Christmas trees. And not because I'm celebrating Xmas, but because I plan to do a low mantainance English garden there. Is that possible??? So far, with those two lonesome trees, it doesn't even look like a garden yet, and far from being an English one!!! I think, I'd probably get a landscaper to help me if my dear darling husband is totally hopeless about it!

3 comments:

DinaAbuSamah said...

I envy you...envy you..envy you..!! Huargh!!!!! If only azmir ask me to be at home and take care of the children. Unfortunately, he wants me to work so that we can buy more property. sigh.....

Hey, bila kita nak jumpa2...rumah dah dekat ni. Which bukit Jelutung area are u ya? Tropika ke...Lagenda ke....Jln Kubah ke.... Actually we've been eyeing housing in b. jelutung too. Tapi tak de yg w/in our budget le....(ha ha ha ...nak corner lot tapi nak murah, rumah berhantu ader la kot).

Asilah said...

Kak Mimi, I could see how much you enjoyed it looking after the girls at home and doing things together with them when we were in Japan. I could see how much they have beautifully bloomed over the years too~!You did a great job-and more because of your nihon go ability! Best kan asuh anak sendiri..,puas hati, dapat tengok kerenah dorang, and kita pun x rasa guilty..! Tapi tu laa, there are pros & cons in everything, in m'sia, kalau sorang jer kejer, xleh laa nak lavish2 sangat..,nie bukan jepun dah!
I shudder to think if i have to go back to work again one day..! Tak naaaaaaakkk!!!Rasa tak sanggup jer even to imagine Umair growing up ngan orang lain! Tapi, tengok laa circumstances macam mana...

Our place is in Jalan Jeriji...The Greenlane collection...same place ngan your friend kat osaka punyer tu...Adelin? Kak Mimi nak duk sini ker? Meh i tolong carikkan...what's yr budget range? Yg cantik sekali Jln. Ubin, ada satu corner lot. Let me know kay, my agent dulu ngan kitaorg are like pals now, so blh dpt best deal nanti!

Ximena Jimena said...

Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure
hpv
Hiv/Aids
epilepsy
sickle cell anaemia
diabetes
copd
barrenness
cancer
wart
psoriasis
pityriasis rosea etc.
email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
whatsapp: +2348149277976